A map of a piece of land, in which are marked the courses and distances of the different lines, and the quantity of land it contains. A map dividing a parcel of land into lots, as in a subdivision. Such a plat may be given in evidence in ascertaining the position of the land, and what is included, and may serve to settle the figure of a survey, and correct mistakes.
- vb. To form by interlaying interweaving; to braid; to plait.
- n. Work done by platting or braiding; a plait.
- n. A small piece or plot of ground laid out with some design, or for a special use; usually, a portion of flat, even ground.
- vb. To lay out in plats or plots, as ground.
- adj. Plain; flat; level.
- adv. Plainly; flatly; downright. Flatly; smoothly; evenly.
- n. The flat or broad side of a sword. A plot; a plan; a design; a diagram; a map; a chart.