n. A piggin.
- n. The young of swine, male or female; also, any swine; a hog. (Zool.) Any wild species of the genus Sus and related genera. An oblong mass of cast iron, lead, or other metal. See Mine pig, under Mine. One who is hoggish; a greedy person.
- Masked pig. (Zool.) See under Masked.
- Pig bed (Founding), the bed of sand in which the iron from a smelting furnace is cast into pigs.
- Pig iron, cast iron in pigs, or oblong blocks or bars, as it comes from the smelting furnace.
- Pig yoke (Naut.), a nickname for a quadrant or sextant.
- A pig in a poke a blind bargain; something bought or bargained for, without the quality or the value being known.
- vb. To bring forth (pigs); to bring forth in the manner of pigs; to farrow. To huddle or lie together like pigs, in one bed.