n. The act, practice, or art of one who fishes. A fishery.
- adj. Pertaining to fishing; used in fishery; engaged in fishing; as, fishing boat; fishing tackle; fishing village. Fishing fly, an artificial fly for fishing.
- Fishing line, a line used in catching fish.
- Fishing net, a net of various kinds for catching fish; including the bag net, casting net, drag net, landing net, seine, shrimping net, trawl, etc.
- Fishing rod, a long slender rod, to which is attached the line for angling.
- Fishing smack, a sloop or other small vessel used in sea fishing.
- Fishing tackle, apparatus used in fishing, as hook, line, rod, etc.
- Fishing tube (Micros.), a glass tube for selecting a microscopic object in a fluid.