Helpful Hints
  • (1) You can search the entire content of Dean’s by phrase or by individual words. Just type your keywords into the search box and then pull down the search icon on the right and choose the option you need: search by word or by phrase or reset the content.
  • (2) Double click on a word in the content of a definition, and if the word is listed as a keyword in Dean’s, it will look that word up.
  • (3) You can use the search function to help jump the scrolling function. Simply type the first 2-3 letters into the search box then hit enter on your keyboard and the scroll will go to those Keywords that begin with those letters and allow you to scroll from there.

This term has been used to signify an agreement made between a father and his son (modernly family members), or children; or between brothers, to dispose of property in a different manner to that, which would otherwise take place. In these cases frequently the mere relation, of the parties will give effect to bargains otherwise without adequate consideration.

Register or login to access full content