Helpful Hints
  • (1) You can search the entire content of Dean’s by phrase or by individual words. Just type your keywords into the search box and then pull down the search icon on the right and choose the option you need: search by word or by phrase or reset the content.
  • (2) Double click on a word in the content of a definition, and if the word is listed as a keyword in Dean’s, it will look that word up.
  • (3) You can use the search function to help jump the scrolling function. Simply type the first 2-3 letters into the search box then hit enter on your keyboard and the scroll will go to those Keywords that begin with those letters and allow you to scroll from there.

Common types of adjustments are permitted for monies owed by one spouse to another. The claimant spouse may ask for reimbursements for improvements made to the other spouse's separate property made with community funds, for gifts of community property not consented to in writing, or for a failure to account for missing property under the other spouses exclusive control. A spouse can obtain adjustments for half of the community's right to reimbursement for payments of separate debts by the other spouse with community funds. A spouse can obtain adjustments at divorce for monies owed for separate use of community assets by the other spouse. There are limitations for reimbursements claims. Generally, there are statute of limitations placed on reimbursements rights for necessaries, community support, or alimony obligations. The spouse is usually required to bring such claims within three years after obtaining knowledge of the right of reimbursement, in the divorce proceedings, or after death occurring within three years of divorce.

Register or login to access full content