Contracts. Information; consultation; conference. In order to make a contract, it is essential there should be an agreement; a bare communication or conference will not, therefore, amount to a contract; nor can evidence of such communication be received in order to take from, contradict, or alter a written agreement.
- n. The act or fact of communicating; as, communication of smallpox; communication of a secret.
- Intercourse by words, letters, or messages; interchange of thoughts or opinions, by conference or other means; conference; correspondence.
- Association; company. Means of communicating; means of passing from place to place; a connecting passage; connection.
- That which is communicated or imparted; intelligence; news; a verbal or written message. Participation in the Lord's supper.
- (Rhet.) A trope, by which a speaker assumes that his hearer is a partner in his sentiments, and says we, instead of I or you.
Syn. - Correspondence; conference; intercourse.