adj. Pertaining to commerce; carrying on or occupied with commerce or trade; mercantile; as, commercial advantages; commercial relations.
- Commercial college, a school for giving instruction in commercial knowledge and business.
- Commercial law. See under Law
- Commercial note paper, a small size of writing paper, usually about 5 by 7½ or 8 inches.
- Commercial paper, negotiable paper given in due course of business. It includes bills of exchange, promissory notes, bank checks, etc.
- Commercial traveler, an agent of a wholesale house who travels from town to town to solicit orders.
Syn. - See Mercantile.