Helpful Hints
  • (1) You can search the entire content of Dean’s by phrase or by individual words. Just type your keywords into the search box and then pull down the search icon on the right and choose the option you need: search by word or by phrase or reset the content.
  • (2) Double click on a word in the content of a definition, and if the word is listed as a keyword in Dean’s, it will look that word up.
  • (3) You can use the search function to help jump the scrolling function. Simply type the first 2-3 letters into the search box then hit enter on your keyboard and the scroll will go to those Keywords that begin with those letters and allow you to scroll from there.

When a party has completed presenting evidence on an issue, the opposing party may present motions for a directed verdict (motion for judgment as a matter of law), nonsuit, or for involuntary dismissal. These motions attack a party for the failure to pass the burden of producing evidence. Any party may move for a directed verdict at the close of evidence.

Register or login to access full content