Helpful Hints
  • (1) You can search the entire content of Dean’s by phrase or by individual words. Just type your keywords into the search box and then pull down the search icon on the right and choose the option you need: search by word or by phrase or reset the content.
  • (2) Double click on a word in the content of a definition, and if the word is listed as a keyword in Dean’s, it will look that word up.
  • (3) You can use the search function to help jump the scrolling function. Simply type the first 2-3 letters into the search box then hit enter on your keyboard and the scroll will go to those Keywords that begin with those letters and allow you to scroll from there.

n. A wave of the voice embracing both a rise and fall or a fall and a rise on the same a syllable. A character, or accent, denoting in Greek a rise and of the voice on the same long syllable, marked thus; and in Latin and some other languages, denoting a long and contracted syllable, marked. See Accent, n.

 - vb. To mark or pronounce with a circumflex.

 - adj. Moving or turning round; circuitous. (Anat.) Curved circularly; - applied to several arteries of the hip and thigh, to arteries, veins, and a nerve of the shoulder, and to other parts.

Register or login to access full content