vb. To harmonize in opinion, statement, or action; to be in unison or concord; to be or become united or consistent; to concur; as, all parties agree in the expediency of the law.
- To yield assent; to accede; - followed by to; as, to agree to an offer, or to opinion.
- To make a stipulation by way of settling differences or determining a price; to exchange promises; to come to terms or to a common resolve; to promise.
- To be conformable; to resemble; to coincide; to correspond; as, the picture does not agree with the original; the two scales agree exactly.
- To suit or be adapted in its effects; to do well; as, the same food does not agree with every constitution.
- (Gram.) To correspond in gender, number, case, or person.
Syn. - To assent; concur; consent; acquiesce; accede; engage; promise; stipulate; contract; bargain; correspond; harmonize; fit; tally; coincide; comport.
- To make harmonious; to reconcile or make friends. To admit, or come to one mind concerning; to settle; to arrange; as, to agree over the facts; ...